4. According to the financial data provider Wind Information Co Ltd, listed companies in China's A-share market earned 2.47 trillion yuan in profits last year. Of those listed companies, 2000 plan to pay out 700 billion yuan to their shareholders.
1. I like a miniskirt and maxi-dress as much as the next woman; they are, generally, flattering and easy to wear. And there’s no question that seeing them on Megan and Company was a potent reminder.
2. n. 小麦，小麦色
4. Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler are case studies of demagogues turned into despots.
6. They will get more creative in 2018, including on non-cash benefits. Bank of America, for example, has just introduced a programme allowing employees of the global banking and markets unit to take a sabbatical — on full pay — for up to six weeks in a year. There are conditions: people must have been with the bank for at least a decade, and can request the time once every five years, to a maximum of three. But in a memo circulated this week, seen by the Financial Times, chief operating officer Tom Montag urged eligible employees to consider it.
1. Paris (AFP) - Some 1,400 people living in France have either joined the jihadist cause in Syria and Iraq or are planning to do so, Prime Minister Manuel Valls said Monday.
3. We will promote the liberalization and facilitation of international trade and investment.
4. For Maddie Ziegler, from Pennsylvania, life couldn't be more different.
5. 8. Smile every time EXCEPT when my team is losing.
6. Those in third-tier cities are under relatively low financial stress and human relations stress, and enjoy better social and natural environments, and infrastructure.
4. 这是传记类作品首次赢得该奖项，尽管格林斯潘的自传《动荡年代》(The Age of Turbulence)曾在2007年入围终选名单——一年之后爆发的金融危机，引发了对这位中央银行家遗产的强烈质疑。
5. Western states dominate the best states for projected job growth. Only two, Florida and Georgia, of the top 10 are located east of the Mississippi River. Rounding out the top five are Colorado (2.6% annual projected growth), North Dakota (2.5%) and Florida (2.5%).
As PC use declines, infecting them with viruses just won't be as much fun any more. I'd expect to see malware, worms and viruses jump onto tablets and phones. As a consequence, we will all have to start protecting our devices more assiduously.